The Academic Board (AB) meets 4 times a year. The AB includes two student representatives (one undergraduate and one postgraduate) elected by the relevant student body. The Membership and Terms of Reference are listed below:
Academic Vice President
Senior Vice President
Vice President (University Administration)
Vice President (Graduate School)
Associate Academic Vice President (Accreditation and Programme Development)
Associate Academic Vice President (Teaching and Learning Development)
Associate Academic Vice President (University Research)
Associate Vice President (Student Affairs)
Assistant Academic Vice President
Heads of Departments
Departmental Representative below Head level
Invited Members (at Chair’s discretion)
An elected undergraduate student representative
An elected postgraduate student representative
A staff member of Registry/Office of Academic Vice President
Terms of Reference
The Academic Board shall regulate the academic affairs of the University subject to the financial control of the University Council and shall have the power:
- To plan, develop and regulate the academic courses and programmes of the University and to keep the quality of such courses and programmes under constant review.
- To review policies and regulations for the admission of persons to programmes of study provided by the University, and their continuance therein.
- To regulate examinations leading to degrees and other academic awards of the University, to appoint internal examiners and to recommend the appointment of external examiners to the University Council.
- To approve the appointment of External Programme Assessors and External Academic Advisors.
- To regulate the requirements for the conferring of degrees and other academic awards of the University.
- To stimulate the advancement of knowledge by the encouragement of faculty research and publications.
- To require the withdrawal of any student from the University on academic grounds.
- To give advice on any matter which may be referred to it by the University Council.
Download site for Members of Academic BoardLink for AB members
(Members only and login required, please use your University login account)